Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Altered Book Love...

Hello everyone and welcome to November! This is Michelle and I'm so excited that the new kits are out! I've been playing with my "Strawberry Cream Gelato" kit, and I want to share with you what I've made! I took Martha Bonneau's Altered Book Class with Bree - and boy was that fun! I made myself an art journal with the kit and here's how it turned out:


I combined the kit with some thrift-store finds like the tulle and the vintage playing card,

The class called for cupcake liners which just HAPPENED to come with the kit! How fabulous is that! We used them to make divider tabs!

For the title page, I cut a piece of a sheer plastic paper storage folder (you know those kind that are shaped like an envelope and fit 12 x 12 paper?) to fit the page, and stamped one of the cute little gnomes with stazon ink,


added an envelope to tuck some secret journaling in,

The vintage-style animal cards were included with the class.

A little more tulle along with patterned and plain cardstock from the kit,

Here I added a tiny envelope to tuck some ephemera, plus more kit paper,

another plastic overlay which I just drew a cloud on with a sharpie,
and finally, towards the back I added a clear envelope to tuck something in that tickles my fancy when I get to that page...

and that's it! It was a wonderful class full of good ideas, and combined with the ADORABLE papers and embellies that come with this month's Strawberry Cream Gelato kit I really love how it turned out!

I can't wait to start filling it up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you Know I absolutely adore this little book right.
Lopve the way ti turned out... Love that you used the kit and it still came out vintagey.

You rock

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning!! now i am a little bummed that i missed that class. :)

JJ Sobey said...

OMG - I had those cards as a kid!!

Love how you used them!

jessicamae3 said...

You make the kit look scrumptious!!!

TracyP said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! I have seen Martha making these books first hand and they are AWESOME!!!!!!
Way to Rock the kit girl:)

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute that I just can't stand it! I love how this turned out - and I love that you used that kit to make it! Such an adorable kit - and it was so suited to that project!

Love it!!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.