Saturday, January 10, 2009

7:00 Challenge - Intuitive Collage!

Hi everyone - are we having fun yet? I know I am! It's 7:00 and I have what I think is going to be a fun, stress-free challenge for you. I call it an intuitive collage, and here's what I want you to do.

Step one:
Take about two minutes and silently think about the coming year. Think about what you are grateful for, and what your wishes and dreams are.

Step two:
Now, pull out a pile of old magazines, and start paging through them, pulling out any images that appeal to you - don't overthink it! Just be thinking about 2009 and pulling out any images you like. They don't need to represent a specific wish or anything. Just pull and tear like a child at play. I would take about a half-hour to do this.

Step three:
Make a layout - any size, from your magazine images. Optional - include a picture of you right now, or a symbol that represents you. This is all about process and setting intentions so just fill up your page with the images anyway you want.

When you are done you will have an intuitive collage! I have done this a number of times, and it's always amazing to me to see the results. I can usually find a lot of meaning that I wasn't consciously thinking about when I cut and pasted my images.

I am going to do this along with you tonight, but for reference, here's one I did a few years ago. I chose to mount it on a big piece of posterboard which I cut into a circle. Tonight I think I will do a 12 x 12 layout.
Post a link here to your finished product so we can all see the results! Have fun!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome.. and right up my alley.
I've been spending the last few evenings going through magazines and snipping,

so one more time will be Awesome.

I'm working on this next

Anonymous said...

:) can i just link up my cover for aw's class?? :)

Anonymous said...

no KK,

thats cheating...

Anonymous said...

i am a cheater.....:)
i'll see if i can find some time. :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh darn - did you guys just do a project like this in Ashley's class?

Anonymous said...

no, i just did a magazine collage for my cover. it was just me. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you find time Kristina..

i love your layouts.. you totally inspire me...

Anonymous said...

you're sweet. :)
you inspire me as well, you recycling queen.

Kimmieprout said...

I just finished the first challenge. I put the picture on the forum.

Anonymous said...

Here's mine....

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/userfiles/10/10980/image_full_251212.jpg

or you can see it in the forum...

off to do the something old......etc

Camille Young said...

I'm gluing my collage down right now...after I press post!

TracyP said...

Seriously!!!! This Rawks!!!
Ok off to do this one first!
I probably won't post till tomorrow though;)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Bree I love what you did! YOur collage rocks!!!

Camille Young said...

Ok, I uploaded my pics to Flickr and forgot to post the link...

...it must be getting late!

Here's my intuitive collage!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34058475@N04/3187139158/

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Camille your collage is so cool! I love all your images with the vines and that woman kicking in the bottom corner is awesome! Thanks for playing!

Now I'm going to start mine!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I finally finished mine and it was so much fun!

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=149392&gallery_type=main

Unknown said...

Here is mine:
http://flickr.com/photos/amandaann/3193977661/?edited=1

Better late than never, right?? LOL

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.