Thursday, January 22, 2009

Leaving evidence behind

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I got some pretty sad news today, as one of the girls on one of the boards I frequent died this morning (or yesterday morning, not sure which). And though my heart is really heavy, it's been such a blessing to go back into her gallery and see how much she loved her husband, her children, and her friends. It's evident in her layouts and in her projects. So with that in mind, I just wanted to post a little note reminding us why we scrap. So often I get caught up in over the top artsy stuff, expressing myself creatively, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But then I want to leave out the journaling, the stories behind the pictures because it might "mess up" my work. In actuality, one day my kids are going to want to know the stories. So I want to be more intentional in my subject matter, journal more thoroughly and be sure that my family is left with evidence showing them and telling them how much I love them. My friend's family now has all her work and will cherish it forever, as I'm sure we all want are families to be able to do the same.

6 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

Wow, Deanna! I am so sorry. That is just awful.

Yes, it is sad that sometimes we have to stop and put it all in perspective, you know.

Ok, so this weekend, you can get all of your journaling just like you want it!

Hope you gals have fun!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Such a good point. I'm so sorry about your friend.

TracyP said...

I saw that last night!!! She was such a sweetheart too! Very Inspiring post today D! Thx I too decline on the journaling part for the same reason:) perhaps I need to change that!;)
((HUGS))

Deborah W said...

Sorry to hear it. Good post, though, on reminding us why we scrap...so important!

jessicamae3 said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.
Good reminder to leave the stories that matter behind.

Anonymous said...

What a sad story...I'm sorry about your friend!! Your post is so incredible true. Thanks for the reminder.

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.