Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Technique Tuesday- How to make Pebbles

So I am in love with these new pebbles 
( i wont say who made them.. just in case)
They are absolutely DIVINE.
But they are also crazy crazy expensive.
So I am going to show you how to make a bunch for only $1..
You will need the following....
Epoxy (Any brand will do, I am using Ranger in this photo)
Glass marbles, you can find them in the floral department of the dollar store for a buck.
Scrap papers (from your Crop Suey Kits of course)
Scissors,
and magnets (Optional)
Clean your glass pebbles and spread a thin even coat of epoxy onto the flat side of the stone.
Attach desired scrap paper to the epoxied side.
Let dry over night, if possible.
Trim scrap paper around the pebble so that you cannot see the edges.
This is what they will look like..
I made these one with my Cocoa Critter kit scraps 
and some of Camilles Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper.. and more.

You can turn these little beauties into magnets by attaching magnet strips you can pick up at Michael's.

Most magnet strips have sticky backing, cut into pieces and attach to the back of your pebble.

I used one here for the center of my paper blossom, on a layout.
Here's one on its on, on a layout.
And another on a layout in a cluster.
I hoped you enjoyed this little technique..
And don't forget to visit every week for Technique Tuesday!

We would love to see your pebbles...
email your projects to shopcropsuey@gmail.com 
and maybe your project will end up here.. on our blog.

Bree

10 comments:

Valerie said...

They are super cute, I am going to have to remember this and make some too!!

jessicamae3 said...

Oh, Bree these are awesome! So creative!
Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

very cool idea, thanks for sharing!

BeeBopp23 said...

Mmmmmm! Those sure are beautiful! I'm gonna have to make my own for sure! I am finally in the new place in Utah! Its nice out here! Once our house gets in order I will be back on more regularly! I missed this place!

Candace said...

That is so crazy, I just made a whack of these for a bunch of friends and my MIL like 2 weeks ago! I also have been using them as flower centers.....Wow our brains must be connected.

Unknown said...

Awesome, I received some of those pebbles in a kit once, and didn't really LOVE what was under the pebble, I didn't really think to make MY VERY own! LOL thanks!

Kimmieprout said...

brilliant! I made some with one of your kits once but the paper didn't have such defined patterns. Love them with neat pictures! I'll make some for sure!

Tanya said...

This is such a great idea! I will try it for sure. And I event think I have some of those glass things right here at home! Thanks!

Kristina said...

Such a fabulous technique!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

The Inked Stamper said...

going to go look for my pebbles now! Very kool!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.