Friday, April 10, 2009

FuNkY FrIdAy FloWeRs!!



Happy FuNkY GoOD FriDaY Everyone! So today I thought I would share some inexpensive ways to create your own super cool FuNkY flowers! If you only look around your house I am sure you can find really cool things to recycle into custom one of a kind embellishments for your Layouts.

For my FuNKy flowers, I used a birthday streamer (electric blue), a fabric scrap (houndstooth), and an old pair of jeans! Here are some more options off the top of my head, fabric softener sheets (and they smell good), Deck of cards, flyers from your mailbox, Food packaging (like potato chip bags, shiny side up), open up your minds and take a look around. What do you see? Feel free to share other cool FuNkY ideas with us by posting a comment!

Additional FuNkY frugal Tips- I am sure alot of you have seen the new Pink Paislee fabric flowers http://pinkpaislee.com/home.php?cat=33 they run about $5.50 for 2 flowers, just a tad pricey for my liking. Note how I incorporated my own using denim and a sparkly button, this flower took about 2 minutes to create, and the creative options are endless. You can use paper or fabric to make these FunKy flowers!

Also Maya road has gorgeous little crocheted flowers on the market at outrageous prices, like the ones shown in the colorful pic. Do what I did, if you can't crochet and make your own. Create a Granny Sweatshop and recruit a couple of your favorite FuNky Crocheting Grannies to start creating some for you and your girls!! See the center crocheted bloom I used in my other FuNKy denim flower, Thanks Auntie Lil!

5 comments:

Koren said...

grandmas sweatshop done good lol.. as soon as i find my kitchen table i am making some lol

Jenneke said...

I love these flowers!!! You allways have such great ideas!!
Happy Easter!!

Nicole Renee said...

Love the crocheted flowers!

Anonymous said...

oo those look so dang good...

Terri Moore said...

Love this article on funky flowers and I TOTALLY agree with you on the priciness (is that a word) of those PP fabric flowers. As pretty as they are, $5.50 is too much for me. Thanks for all the great ideas!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.