Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Technique Tuesday- How to recycle your Packaging into a Mini!

So if you guys didn't already know.. I am a huge recycler.
Live Green...right?
I am always holding onto these little packages that embellishments come in.
Heres one way of turning that cute packaging into a mini album.
7Gypsies packaging is a great example.
Let me show you how to turn this little beauty into something spectacular!

This gorgeous little chipboard piece is the covering to the AMAZING little elastics that come in you FRENCH TOAST kit.
Fold the package in half, tucking one edge under the packagings flap... like a matchbook.
Here's another view

Next cover your book with patterned paper..
I used a GCD paper form their PARIS NIGHTS collection.
It is velvet flocked..very chic.

Next measure the inside of your mini, and cut papers to size.

And fold in half.

I cut 4 pieces , and adhered them, back to back to each other.
Adhering the ends of the last 2 pages to the cover... to create your book.
I mixed up the papers form the kit.
And then add photos and embellies.
Page one

Page 2

Page 3


Page 4

Cover


I hope this inspired you to use those covers from your products.

I also wanted to share this little accordion mini I created for my Dad for his 60th birthday!
I created this using scraps and a vintage matchbox...
it only took about 20 mins to create.
(Thanks Elaine for the fabulous goodies, including this matchbox)

So go dig through your recycle box, and see what treasures you can create with.
See you tomorrow,

Bree

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Recycled projects!

Jenneke said...

This is a wonderful mini!!! Love this idea!

Camille Young said...

Love the album. Isn't 7 Gypsies stuff just so much fun to play with!

Great work!

Anonymous said...

Holy Wow....I love minis and your minis rock. I am so excited to get into my "junque". You have inspired me. I have been holding onto some Prima packaging. Fun...Fun...Fun.

Abby said...

LOVE this! Too cool!

BeeBopp23 said...

This is an awesome idea!! Im gonna have to try this! I'm really lovin' this technique tuesday!

Jen said...

That packaging idea is fabulous! How creative! Way to go green!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.