Monday, October 25, 2010

Recipe ~ NEW :)

So, something new for Crop Suey ~~ each month, on the 25th, I will be posting a recipe...not a scrappy recipe, nope. An actual recipe with ingredients that you EAT :) That's right, something different and something fun.

Oh, and every recipe I post will be a tried, tested and true from my house to yours!

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

1st Layer:
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 4 or so pieces.

2nd Layer:
Broccoli (use frozen, use fresh, add cauliflour, carrots, whatever, just go for it!)

3rd Layer:
Mix together and add:
1 can creamed soup (I usually use mushroom, but use whatever you want!)
1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp curry (don't skip this, so yummy!)
1/4 cup milk

4th Layer:
Croutons

Bake @ 375 degrees for 45 minutes. So creamy, so scrumptious :)

7 comments:

Jen Cro said...

I love this recipe. We make one that is very similar. We use stuffing under the chicken and the same sauce without the curry and no croutons(because of the stuffing). Super yummy. I will have to try this one.

Sylvia G. said...

I love it. I am always wanting to try new recipes. I'm a very boring cook so I'm always looking for ideas.

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm. I wonder if I could make this vegan!! :) It sounds really good!
e.

Unknown said...

This sounds super yummy and oh so easy! I will definitely try it soon.

norine said...

Curry improves just about EVERYthing, so this would be a great smell to come home to at the end of a day!! I'll have to try it!

Christy said...

sounds yummy! might be able to get the fam to eat more veggies this way! TFS

sharonb said...

Yummy I must try this!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.