Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pinwheel Flower Tutorial ~ by Sharon

Hi everyone- the "flower queen" has arrived!! lol.  I do love flowers, mostly I love to experiment!  For the layout I did, I actually printed up some digital papers that I loved so much from Kiki Halbert ("Burst into Spring")

I printed out several of the papers that are in this collection, using a medium weight matte paper.

pinwheel0


I made a pinwheel which is super easy and cute. Cut a square- I used 2 in and 1 1/2 inches, then I cut at each corner about 1/3 of the way to the center.  You can cut any size you want, depending on how big you want your flower.

pinwheel1

Since this is single sided paper, I sprayed glimmer mist on the white side.

pinwheel2

Pinwheels are very easy to make. Just wrap alternating corners around a pencil so that it curls. I also used a heat gun which helped hold the curl- but be very careful- it is hot!!! I added buttons as centers.

pinwheel3

Here are close ups of one of the pinwheels on the layout:

pinwheel5


I used Bazzill dotted swiss as the background- so yummy!! I added ribbon and used staples for decoration.  To finish the layout, I took a picture, uploaded it to my computer and digitally added text   to the layout.("sweet" is Pink Paislee chipboard) That is so easy and you don't have to worry about your handwriting if it isn't the best. I love that!!

ally so sweet

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

LOVE this....the pinwheel flowers turned out perfect!!!

Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the layout!!! The pinwheels are awesome!!!!!!

Chrissy said...

Oh they are super cute!
Thanks for sharing!

Jessie Lubyk said...

How adorable, thanks for sharing :)

~~Mia~~ said...

Sharon, I love this tut :) I actually used it on a lo the other day (cuz I had been snooping around thru the scheduled blog posts, lol!!!)

Thanks, girl!!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Super fun flowers!!! Great tutorial, I will have to remember this!

norine said...

Very cute flowers and great tutorial Sharon! Thanks for the idea!!

Natalie Jane said...

these are sooo cool!! :)
will try one :)
xoxo

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.