Saturday, December 25, 2010

Spicy Peanut Chicken

So, today is Christmas...so seems weird to not at least say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone...even though, this is just a regularly old scheduled blog post for the 25th of the month. {{lol}} So Merry Merry Merry and all that good stuff :) :) :)

Take Out ~ Spicy Peanut Chicken

I *think* I might have ~stole~ this recipe from Rachael Ray. (I have the most brutal memory on earth, though. Anyway, I am crediting her, cuz heck, why not.)

Anyway, I have to admit that I am always leary about trying these kinds of recipes cuz they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS disappoint me. *insert sad face here* This one DID NOT. It is sooo good and a total fave in this house, my 12 year old son gobbles it up like crazy too. Total bonus! So try it, it's awesome. I promise.

1 cup rice (cooked)
3 T oil
1 ½ lbs chicken, diced
1 red pepper, diced
Salt & pepper
4 cloves minced garlic
1” ginger root, minced
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup soya
½ cup chicken stock
1 T chili paste
1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts

Heat oil. Stir fry chicken until cooked. Add peppers and fry until cooked. Remove.

Saute ginger and garlic for 15 seconds. Add peanut butter, soya, stock, chili. Stir to combine.

Add chicken, peppers and nuts. Stir. Serve over rice.

*I used sesame seeds in place of peanuts*

1 comments:

norine said...

YUM! This looks good! Gonna have to try it this week! And Season's Greetings to ALL - Mia, CS DT and blog followers!! And a safe and happy New Year!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.