Saturday, September 27, 2008

First time, long post… + a tutorial !

Hi everyone! It’s Kim here… or Kimmieprout or Kimmie. Whichever you choose is fine with me! Every Saturday, I’ll chat with you and share creations or techniques I love. And today, I have lots to share with you.

First, I want to show you some layouts I did with Camille’s kit. This kit is so complete that I did 5 layouts and 1 mini-album… and I still have stuff to play with!

Here are my layouts. I speak French, so they are in French… I’ll translate them for you…

1- Tu es un rayon de soleil – You are my sunshine
When I saw this little doll, I knew it would fit this picture. I really had fun using lots of yellow, punching the little cercles, stiching here and there and "splashing" the ink with a toothbrush.Everything is from Camille's kit except the cardstock, the tiny letters and the pin.




2- Petit visage angélique – Little angel face
I couldn't resist using this gorgeous Hambly transparency as a background and putting my photo/papers/embellishments without hiding to much the overlay. I worked with the same papers that my first layout "Tu es un rayon de soleil", but it's so different!!!Again, everything is from Camille's kit except the cardstock, the tiny letters, the Scenic Route rub-on and two buttons.



3- Au paradis – In paradise
You know what's great about these kits? It's that you can achieve so different looks with the same kit! Here's an example where I used the Basic Grey OffBeat papers. The idea for the distressed background was taken from Milou. I also stamped the awesome Pink Persimmon mushroom stamps to add at the buttom. I'm now addicted to those mini-mushrooms!Everything is from the kit except the brown cardstock, the tiny letters and two buttons.



4- Photo - Photo
Journaling says: Since I own a Canon XSI, I take pictures all the time. It's a real passion!


This October Afternoon paper collection is totally awesome! I loved to work with it! I simply added some little Love, Elsie cameras to go with the theme, like my friend Vero85 did on a couple of layouts. Everything is from the kit except the cardstock, the Love, Elsie embellishments and the little piece of ribbon.




5- Mignons champignons – Cute mushrooms


Back here with the OffBeat collection. I used paint on the background to make everything pop a little bit more. Again, some mushrooms at the buttom. Totally appropriate with this theme, don't you think?!?!!!Apart from Camille's kit, I used buttons, letters and woodgrain Dymo label.




Here is also my mini-album. When I saw the Hometown collection, I just HAD to make a mini about my hometown… I wanted to so bad but I didn’t have any pictures! So I went to take pictures everywhere like if I was a tourist in my very own little village!!! Anyway, here it is… It’s very simple, but I love it.









Did you see the pictures? These are new pictures I modified a little to make them look old! I show you how to acheive this look next week… Would you like to know?


And last but not least, I have a little story to share…

When I received Camille’s kit the first time, I was so excited to open the package that I ripped off the paper of the envelope… Some strange thing (which is used to protect the inside of the envelope) fell off everywhere. I was like : « That is a strange and messy envelope… » But then, I realised I knew what it was and what could be done with it…

I decided to give it a try just to be sure it really was what I thought… and it WORKED!!!!!!!

Here is what I did with the inside of the envelope…



Can you believe it! It was first an envelope…! And now, just by recycling the inside of it, I turned it into the cutest mushrooms and gnomes ever!

I prepared a turorial to show how you can do that. At the end of the video, I also show you other creations I did.

*** Can't make it work in this message... I put it under this post...***



Isn’t this great? Not only will you receive great kits but you’ll also have almost everything you need to make these cuties!

So please, SAVE THE ENVELOPES! RECYCLE THEM! USE THEM!



By the way, I received Camille’s October kit… It is gorgeous!!! You’ll love it, I’m sure!!


Have a nice week-end!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

amazing layouts Kim!

Deanna said...

that's some seriously amazing stuff there Kimmie! I mean, WOW! You totally ROCKED that kit!

Unknown said...

layouts 1, 3 and 5 are my favorites! I love the yellow on one, And on three, i love that border that you cut out of cardstock, i never thought of that. I hope to use it sometime soon! and 5... i love brown mostly... hahha. Tfs!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OMG Kimmie you rock! I love your layouts! I love your coloring technique on the mushroom stamps, and I love how you achieved so many different looks with the same kit! Your mini is so cool too! Way to go!

BeeBopp23 said...

The layouts were awesome and the mushroom and gnomes were sooooo cute!!!!

TracyP said...

Your so cute! Seriously Kimmie..Little gnomes & Shrooms!! Brilliant:)
You know I already LOVE your LO's too:)
You Rocked this Kit girl!!!!

jessicamae3 said...

Wow, now just when you think "amazing" can not be used again, you go and throw this girl in the mix!!!!!!!
Awesome!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.