Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crafty Rolodex!

Hello hello hello out there! It's Michelle here! It's Tuesday again and I have an idea for you that will use up those leftover scraps as you get to the end of your kits! It's an old book that is altered into a Rolodex for my scraproom! Credit for coming up with the idea goes to my friend Aimee (Colmeec at SiStv). I've been wanting to make one ever since I saw hers - and I finally did it with the scraps from my September "Over The Rainbow" kit! Here's how it turned out:

It's super simple to do! You just take an old book (I got mine for 50 cents at the library) and saw it in half to make this shape: (Aimee did hers with an exacto knife. I just asked my hubby to use one of his electric saws out in the garage):
Then you fold each page in half:

When the pages are all folded it looks like this:Take your scraps and make little tags. I think it's fun to make each one different. Then you attach them onto the page with staples or tape or whatever way you choose:
You can fold the pages backwards or forwards depending on what side you want to show. For instance if there are colorful illustrations in your book, you may want to fold your page the way that lets them show:

Aimee chose to decorate her cover and put a ribbon on so you could close it and put it in your purse. Mine will just be sitting on my scraproom table, so I didn't do that.

When you're done you've got a one-of-a-kind piece of altered art, and lots of room to collect addresses for all your scrappy friends!

I hope you like this idea! Take care everyone and until next Tuesday - happy scrapping!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful
what a good idea!!!!

BeeBopp23 said...

I love that idea! This is why I love coming to this blog! All the talented ladies that lend different inspiration, rather than just scrapbook layouts! I love it!

TheresaK said...

LOVE this idea..I want to make one :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

oooo I have to make one......


any excuse to use power tools......

Anonymous said...

thats is so cool! i totally need a place for all m scrappy addresses....tfs. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I LOVE how it turned out! Your instructions make it look so easy! I want to make one now!!

TracyP said...

your so flippin Amazing!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a super neat idea! Love it! I do believe I will try this one out, but I will prob switch it up instead of a roladex, put in some drink recipes! Thanks for the inspiration!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.