Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Four Different Kinds of Projects to Share...

Hey everyone - Michelle here and it's Tuesday again! I've been anxiously awaiting my chance to chat with you all! I've got a bunch of new October Kit projects to share and one more from the September kit!

So, I've been making my own calendar/planner pages right in my art journal this year; and I made my October page with Bree's "Want Smore?" October kit. The colors are perfect for fall! Here's what it looks like:
Everything is from the kit, except for the plaid ribbon, white cardstock and brown paint. The 13 in bingo numbers represents the date of our 1st wedding anniversary! I added white doodles around some of the title letters and put them on a piece of the map that came with the kit, just to make them pop a little more. The leaves, acorns and cars are cut from the patterned paper, and I added some brown paint to the left side and around the edges to give it a more distressed feel. It's so much more fun using a calendar when you can add your own personality to it!

The second project I did with the kit is this ATC card. I got the idea that I want to do a series of ATC cards - one to represent each Crop Suey kit that I work with as a design team member; and this is the first one I've made:
Everything is from the kit except the plain cardstock and the word stamps. I think I will probably punch a hole in one corner and string them onto a ring of some sort.

Here's a layout I just finished tonight. This is a pic from our family vacation this year. It's my hubby Michael and his daughter Becca. I just love this pic of the two of them:
Everything is from the kit, except the green thickers and the plain cardstock. I have been just loving using bits and pieces of the map page in this kit. Here, I used them as part of the circle flowers on the left-hand side of the layout. The strip of black and white stripes is cut from the packaging that the alphas came in. I couldn't resist - I LOVE the design of it, and I personally believe that you can add a little black and white stripe to any design to give it a little extra pop. Oh, and I just noticed that the strip is crooked, but I'm choosing to believe that adds character to the layout, right? Umm - yeah. :0)

And here's one last thing I wanted to share with you. This is my card from the Round Robin we had here at Shop Crop Suey for World Card-Making Day. I used Bree's September "Over The Rainbow" kit. Thanks for hosting the game Tracy! I can't wait til the forum is up and running, cuz I think we are going to play Round Robin more often - it was a lot of fun!

I hope you like the projects and have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

BeeBopp23 said...

Your projects were GREAT! Thanks for sharing! I love the ATC! So Cute!!!!!

jessicamae3 said...

Awesome job with the kit! WOWEEEE!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow these are Awesome.
Love love love the atc idea. I'm going to do that too. What a cute mini they will make in a year....

You are amazing......
and I love your picture.... Great idea to share with our blog readers... the real you... not just your lovely artwork.

U R incredible.....

Anonymous said...

i adore all of them...i think an atc for every month is such a fab idea!! i may steal it. :):)

Unknown said...

Those are all super cute!!! I love them!

TracyP said...

Oh you are so cute! I love all your projects! And thks:) We will for sure do RR again Very soon!!!

Stephanie said...

great job on these projects .. I especially love the card! Super duper cute.

Bibiana said...

hey michelle, great projects. Specially love the ATC!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.