Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday again??

Is it me, or is the time going by way to fast? I normally try to blog in the morning on Wednesday because my mornings are jam-packed but I just haven't had the time. So, here I am a little later in the day. :)

One thing I have been noticing about myself lately is that I am not committed to doing a single-size layout. I will do anything from a 6x12 to a 12x12 and I normally allow the photo to dictate the size that I am going to do. The following two layouts are the only ones I have had time for this past week and they are both 8.5x11.
The first one is made with the September "Over the Rainbow" kit, with a few additional items that I threw in.



This picture just spoke to me. My daughter looks so young and free, ready to take on the world. Although, it's only a picture of her back and most people may not get that, this is what comes up for me. I decided to use the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by the Grateful Dead, Sugar Magnolia.

The next layout is just a quick one that I put together. I normally don't scrap with such bright colors but I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and I am pleased that I did.



Anyways, I hope you are having a fabulous week and are getting everything together for Halloween. See you next week!! :)

Kristina :)

5 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

The GRATEFUL DEAD - Yeayyyyy! I'm a deadhead from way back - what a great song to go with your picture! Love how you put the layout together too - beautiful work!

I love the second layout too - awesome colors and love that ruffly trim!

jessicamae3 said...

Kristina the layouts are beautiful, thank you for sharing with us!

jessicamae3 said...

Not to be a nag......but when do we get a sneak of November...November is afterall my birthday month and well, we can consider it an early birthday present...wink wink wink!!!
I need a little excitement in my life about now!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I'm with jessica - a november sneaky peek would be nice!

TracyP said...

Love, love, love these!!!! And I too Love the GD! You Rock girlie:)

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.