Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some banner love!

Well hi there girls! It's me, Deanna, and I'm back to share yet another project I did with my October kit! This time around I decided to make my own banner. They seem to be very popular right now, and I really like how they add such a fun element to home decor. So of course I had to have one for Fall. However, the small 4 letter word Fall was just too tiny to drape all the way across my mantel so I went with "Autumn" instead.

The first thing I did was cut my pennants out of chipboard, then I covered them with paper. I added the scalloped edge just because I'm still into scallops. Love their whimsy! I decided to cover some HUGE BG chipboard letters with paper but then like the idea of a chipboard shadow instead. I went on to embellishing and this is what I got. If you look closely, not only have I included the owl from the Vintage Moon paper and those fun brads that came with the kit, but I also added the vintage dictionary flowers from my September kit too. Finally, to string the whole banner together nothing says Fall like some rafia, so I tied each piece together and voila! An Autumn banner that now adorns my mantel!

The banner in its entirety


And now some upclose pics






5 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OMG cute cute cute! I love your banner! Your embellies on each letter are adorable and the colors rock - the whole thing is just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Trish said...

I love it! It's fabulous!!

Kimmieprout said...

oh this is beautiful! Great job!

TracyP said...

Oh WOW! It's Fabulous D.. You always have such great ideas:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful….. home décor elements are just a way to express your creativity.

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.