Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Wishes and Childhood Dreams...

Well hello again Crop Suey friends! Michelle here and I've got two projects to share with you this week! I've been working with Bree's "Fast Food" kit, and having so much fun! The first project is a layout I did for the Scrapping The Music Challenge blog. The song this week is "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. Here's my take on the challenge:Everything in the layout is from the kit. The snow is actually the exhaust fumes from the Police Car paper in the kit, the christmas tree is cut from the color block paper, the word Christmas is hand-drawn and cut from the striped paper, and the word you is just the back side of the Bazzill bling with some doodling on the letters! This kit is so versatile!

Okay - remember this mini pouch from last week?
Well, this week I made the minibook to go in it. The Creative Therapy blog prompt last week was to make something about your childhood dreams, and whether or not they were realized. So here's what I made. Everything is from the kit except for the vintage children's book pages and the trims, and I used my bind it all to put it together:

"When I was little I dreamed of:
being a ballerina with an all-white tutu, marrying Davy Jones,
living in the country with lots of animals to love, and making art every day.
Now... I prefer to wear black & I dance in my livingroom,
have trees in our yard with birds, squirrels and deer to feed,
two cats and three children to love,
I make art everyday & I'm married to Michael Rydell.
Sometimes real life turns out better than your dreams."

I hope you like the projects! Have a great week everybody!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Girl You are FAbulous!
I love everything you do.

PS I love your Christmas list... your hubby... too cute

jessicamae3 said...

AWE MAN.......Just picked my jaw up off the floor!!! This chick is one awesome designer...you best hold onto her Bree! She makes your amazing kits look like something from another universe they are so fabulous!!!!
Love every single stinking bit of it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is some wonderful journaling! Great work!

Deanna said...

So fun Michelle! I love the way the mini came together and how you fit it inside the robots! And the Christmas LO is just darling! I love how you take something and turn it into something else! :D

TracyP said...

OMG!!! Fabulous Michelle!! Love the LO and that little book is adorable!

Camille Young said...

Wow, I love your album.

You are just so creative, you really do create something amazing every day.

Love your work!

Anonymous said...

absolutely amazing!!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.