Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lined Mini Book Pouch Tutorial...

Good morning good morning good morning!!! Michelle here, and I've got a simple project to share with you! When I saw the fabric that came with the Fast Food kit, it brought me right back to childhood! Isn't that stuff the cutest??? Anyways, I decided to make a minibook about my childhood dreams, and this will be the little pouch that will hold my minibook:Now I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but I made this in one evening, and I'm really excited about it! If you would like to make one too, here's how:


1. Make your minibook pages, so you know how big you need your pouch. I cut 4 x 4" squares from a sodapop carton.

2. Lay your stack of pages on your fabric and cut a rectangle around them. Be sure to leave enough room on the sides so you can easily slide your book in, and make the length about 2 1/2 times the length of your minibook. (I'm not much of a measurer so I hope that makes sense - LOL). Then cut another piece of coordinating fabric the same size.
3. Put the right sides of the fabric together and use a basic stitch to sew three sides of the fabric, leaving the top open.
4. Turn the fabric right side out.

5. Fold it up to form a pouch like this:

6. Sew the sides together like this:

7. Fold the raw top edges in and sew them shut.
8. Embellish as you please! I sewed some pom pom trim on the front, made a cloud out of craft foam, and sewed the handmade rocketship bead that comes with the kit onto the cloud. There you have it - it's done! Here's a view of the inside:
and a closeup of the embellie:
I hope you like the tutorial! Next week I will be back to show you the minibook I make with the other materials in the kit!

Have a great week everybody!

8 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

I think shop crop suey has mustered up the best possible DT member in you!!!!!!!!!

Then again, I am a little prejudiced as I LOVE you all!!!!!!!!

TracyP said...

Seriously Michelle!!! This is the Coolest, Cutest idea! And perfect for the NON-sewer like myself! Now all I need to do is buy this kit with that fabulous fabric:)
TFS girl!

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl
You blow my mind.
You have got to be kidding me?

that is one of the coolest projects on the planet...

You amaze and inspire me...
Now I got to make one....

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute!! What a fun idea. I have been trying to think of the perfect project for my fabric because it is so cute!! Looks like you found your perfect project! :)

Glenda T. said...

Michelle this is totally adorable!!!!! Love that fabric and this project!!

Anonymous said...

You sell yourself short by saying you're no seamstress! You're a pretty darn good hand-sewer! This is just so cute and you made it look so easy!! I LOVE IT!

peata said...

great little pouch idea, thx for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, that was so cute!! Such a great idea. I'm going to try my hand at making one! Cute! Cute! Cute!

Karla

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.