Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Absolutely Giddy!

Hi everyone and HAPPY 2009!!! Michelle here, and I'm so excited about the new year I can hardly stand it!!! I always get like this - New Year's is my favorite time of the year! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole idea of having new goals and ideas and a fresh perspective on things! I finally got my layouts from 2008 into an album and I love how fat it is! It was so much fun to look through!
Okay and CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE JANUARY KIT IS THE BEST EVER?!!!!! I mean COME ON - papers by Lucy Folch, Pixie stix glitter, vintage labels and a super cool chipboard album? YOWZA I am in heaven! And now I find out that we actually have Lucy as our guest designer this month? How cool is that! ROCK ON CROP SUEY!!!

I finished my first layout with the kit and it was so much fun! - it's for this week's challenge at Scrapping The Music. The song is "Hands" by Jewel:
I cut the earth out of two of the patterned papers in the kit, and the paper dolls came from the front page of the newspaper. The lyric is stamped with Stampin Up alpha stamps. The writing on the continents says "In the end only kindness matters..." which is another lyric from the song. I did some shadowing of the continents with dark blue colored pencil to add a little depth. I hope you like it!

Oh and I wanted to mention that we've been talking on the Crop Suey forum about having an online crop this Saturday - how's that looking for everybody? I think it would be super fun! We could celebrate the new year together with some games and challenges and whatnot! Stop on by the forum and leave us a comment - we'd love to hear from you!

Here's wishing you all a fabulously creative 2009!

6 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

I am in.....I am so wanting to get back in the swing of it!

Kimmieprout said...

I am in too...!

That's very exciting to have a new guest dt!!

welcome lucy!

Just call me "B" said...

How great! Your album looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ooo cant wait for the crop...

And you know Im in love with this layout. Love the paper dolls,, and well just the whole thing!

Camille Young said...

Love your LO. It's nice to see how thick your 2008 album is.

You've achieved much in 08 and this year promises to be stunning for you.

TracyP said...

Cool LO girl!!! Just amazing! Love the Earth
Oh and the Crop.. YAY this weekend!!! How Freaky FUN it's goin 2 be:)

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.