Thursday, February 5, 2009

a little Christmas flashback

I can't wait to get my Feb. kit in the mail, I'm anxiously stalking my mailman (I'm sure you know the feeling). So instead, I made this LO as one last nod to Christmas before I get going on my Valentine stuff when it gets here.

When brainstorming this LO, my inspiration actually came from the red sequins first. Even though I'm sure that Camille didn't intend for her January kit, Jazz Cafe, to be at all Christmas-y, the sequins reminded me a lot like holly berries, so I went with it. Then I grabbed a sketch from Becky Fleck, and went to work. And voila! There you have it. I never thought that starting with inspiration from an embellishment would leave me with a LO that I like. But I do! Hope you do too. ;)



Hope you girls are hanging in there with all the cold weather! If it's cold here (only in the 20s) I KNOW it's freeeeezing in Canada and everywhere else in the US for that matter! Stay warm and have a great Thursday everybody! :D

Deanna

5 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Awesome layout Deanna! I love your sequin hollyberries! Beautiful and elegant layout!

TracyP said...

Oh Deanna your LO is fabulous!!!! I just adore those pics and how it all came together! Hope you get your Feb kit real soon:)

Just call me "B" said...

Yes, I haven't gotten my kit yet either! I am screaming over here!!!!!!!

Super beautiful LO!

Deborah W said...

Love this layout. Great job! Red sequins for holly berries - of course!!!

Camille Young said...

I love your LO, inspired by sequins...
Fabulous...
I need sequins to talk to me that way!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.