Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Technique Tuesday!

I've have something that's fun and messy to share with you. Bree can attest that this technique is a stretch for me.
While browsing Claudine Hellmuth's book, I thought I would share a fun technique -texturizing with Gesso.
It's easy, fun and messy (but then I already mentioned that!)

Here's what you'll need:

Then you get to work, cover the canvas with Gesso, then use rubber stamps, tools or anything that you can find to add texture to your work. I used a Tupperware cake decorating tool to add texture.

Let your canvas dry (overnight preferably). Then take your paint and cover your work.
Take a wet towel and wipe off paint where you want it.
Then add color where you want, I used my paint to frame the edges a little more. I also added a final touch with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
And, here's what the end product looks like:

A great BIG thanks to Claudine Hellmuth and all those great artists who help me get creative...and that's not easy to do for me some days!!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenneke said...

Camille, thanks so much for this GREAT idea!!! Gonna try this, love playing with gesso and paint!

Candace said...

super cool Camille! Thanks for sharing!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.