Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Technique Tuesday- How to your own Stencils!

Sorry its later on in the day guys,,,,
major uploading problems today!

Today I am going to show you how to create your own STENCILS!
It is easy fun, and virtually free.

First pull off a black and white image that you like.. and would like to turn into a stencil


Cut out image leaving the BLACK lines intact.

Here's an example of what it should look like.
If you want a sturdier image that you can re-use over and over again....
Print the image out on a transparency, and back it with another paper.. then cut.
I like just using mine once or twice then I recycle the paper.
You can use many different mediums on your stencil..
my favorite is Glimmer mist,
but you can use paint, ink, chalk, whatever you want.

I held mine up and tapped t so the mist would run.. for a little more funk-defied look.
Now don't throw out your misted on stencil
Turn it over and press it down on another BG paper before it dries.
This will give you the reverse image.
Here is an example using chalk inks ,
when i cut out the WHITE parts of the Stencil.
Once I was done I used a Sharpie to fill in the blanks.
And here are the end results...
And a googly eye card....
Hope you enjoyed that....
The Webisode Wednesday is done and will be up early tomorrow..
and Im off to work on another technique for next week.
Want to be featured on Tuesday...
email us your best tips, tricks, and techniques at shopcropsuey@gmail.com

TTYL

Bree

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. I love it.Opens up all kinds of possibilities. Sometimes you need that perfect embellishment or paper for a picture and you can't find it anywhere. I would rather make my own. Cool technique.

Candace said...

ok, so you are never going to guess what I did tonight??? I am not freaking kidding you either. I adore how yours turned out!!! lol, I will post pics of mine soon. too freaky!

Jenneke said...

GREAT technique, Bree!!! Love,love the Allstars-one!!

Nicole Renee said...

Love this technique, so cool! Love the sneaker.

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.