Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Technique Form Kimmy





Hi guys!

I l-o-v-e handmaking flowers to add to my layouts! When I saw these Scribble Prima flowers, I thought they were great but so easy to make! Here's how!





I chose three different type of flower. One is made of chipboard I painted in teal. One is in cardstock (pink) and one is a real Prima flower (black).



To make the puffy details, I used Pebeo Volume Touch paint. Any puffy paint would work....



So I simply applied the paint: lines, grids, dots, everything works!



Then, I let the paint dry completely.






With a heat embossing tool, I heated the flowers until the paint puffes.



A closer view...



Remember this page made with a Crop Suey kit on which I added them.







Hope you guys liked this technique!


Kim

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Kim....these are perfect and thanks for the tutorial...I have to try these out!!! Have a great day!!!

Stacy said...

OMG!!!! I am lovin' this page and the flowers. I'm going to have to try the flowers. Thanks for the tip!!!

sylv said...

YOU R AMAZING!! I have these flowers in my cart at Two Peas right now and was going to purchase tomorrow...I'm so glad I went through your pages on your blog and found this tutorial!! I'm going to Michaels today to get puffy paint.

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.