Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Hey everyone - it's Crop Chick Michelle here! Happy Tuesday! It's my first time blogging for Crop Suey and I'm super excited! I'm gonna be here chatting with you every Tuesday for the next six-months. I have been having a ton of fun with my Over The Rainbow kit and I can't wait to share my projects with you! This first one I just finished earlier tonight. The minute I saw this super cute owl paper I was in love. That one blue owl is just the best! I took one look at him and knew he was saying "I gotta be me!" LOL. Anyway, its a 6"x12" layout, and everything I used is from the kit except the blue duct tape, the ribbon on the bottom and the words "own tune" which are Cosmo Cricket Rubons.

The next project is a mini-album about the neighborhood walks my hubby Michael and I have taken this summer. Everything I used is in the kit except the plain colored cardstock and the binder itself:







I still have a ton of stuff left in my kit and lots of ideas! So how are you liking your Crop Suey kits so far? What have you made? Email them in or post a link- we'd love to see what you're doing!

Take care everyone - and I'll see you again next Tuesday!

12 comments:

TracyP said...

like I said earlier! This Book is Amazing:):) And Love what you have done with it!

BeeBopp23 said...

I loved your first post! And your mini album and layout were great!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Michelle.
I was going to try and blog first but you beat me to the punch, and I don't think I need to add anything. U R Fabulous love love love the mini book.

jessicamae3 said...

{bouncing up and down in my seat} Can't wait for my kit....oooohhh being in florida....thats like 3000 miles from alberta or something like that and the pony express here is not as fast as I want it to be. I am stalking the mail man!
I have projects swimming around in my brain that want to escape....and then I looked at your things michelle and I fell in love with your work. What a fabulous choice for the DT! Your heart shines right through all of your work and your words and your own blog!
Way to go girls!

jessicamae3 said...

What kind of page protectors are used in the mini album???

Unknown said...

That album is totally rockin'!! I love it!!
I think I am going to have to end up begging my hubby to let me get this kit! LOL

ereddall said...

I love love the mini album!!!

Kimmieprout said...

Oh Michelle! Love your mini-album with all the words!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! They make me so happy! Jessica to answer your question - the mini-album (page protectors and all) was a vendor make-and-take at Scrapfest this year. The chipboard and page protectors are from Teresa Collins, and the binding was done with a bind-it-all. It was my first time trying one and now I simply MUST get one!

Thanks for asking!

Stephanie said...

amazing mini album Michelle!!!
I am playing with my kit this evening too. Love, love, love it! Bree & Camille, can you include matching cardstock in future kits?

Anonymous said...

Yay Michelle! Those projects are so fantastic. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! I love your new dance layout! I don't think I've seen you do any 6x12's before - it's totally adorable! And your blogging is so great, your personality really shines through!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.