Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Secrets!

Okay, so yesterday was a crazy, and I mean CRAZY day.

I spent the morning over at Camille's brainstorming all the ideas that have been talked about in the last couple of days.
Feeling so good about our progress that I went home excited and energized.
I walked into my scrap "storage" space, an unfinished bathroom in our basement,
and the feeling quickly disappeared. 
It was a disaster.

Look for yourselves.....(Ugh)

So I jumped in my car and ran of to Ikea.
Now keep in mind that this was all behind my hubbies back. uh huh.
We are trying to get a built in desk and cupboards for all my stuff, 
but it is going to take months and months to get it put in.
And Me, being a little anal when it comes to organization,
rushed over to Ikea and picked up an Expedit bookshelf, perfect for all my stuff.
Jason would not approve of me spending the money, 
nor would he agree with me moving it with my bad back.

But I never need help.
I can do anything I put my mind too. (yeah, right)
So after putting it together,
I tried to move it into place.
Problem was the little toilet pipe was in the way.
So I picked up the entire 250 pound shelf to lift over the pipe...
And it landed on my Big Toe.
It cut off the top of my toe and crushed the bone.
Ouch.
So i called 911 and an ambulance took me to the hospital,
while Camille watched Oakley for me.
I called Jason  (he works 45 minutes out of town) to come home.
He was not pleased.
He did not bitch or complain though, I give him that.
And he was really good taking care of me.
So there's my exciting story about my day.



So what ae the secrets?
Well, 
The bulk of my October kit was due to arrive at Camille's yesterday,
and she didn't want to tell me.
Cause she knew I would want to run right over and get those kits done.
She was right.
So I pulled the information out of her,
and have made plans for her to come pick me and Oakley up today 
so we can go and get moving on these "to-die-for" kits .
Thank goodness for painkillers and AMAZING friends.
So please bear with me these next couple of weeks,
I appreciate you guys.

toodles,

Bree

PS. I am hoping to have some pics or clues about next months kits ready for you soon.
We are still working on the "pre-sale" idea.  
And thanks for your feedback. We love getting it. We want this kit store to be everything you guys want and more, and the best way to achieve that... is by listening to you. So keep those ideas and comments coming.  And I love hearing from you guys, It makes my day!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You stubborn thing! lol Sorry about your toe! I am SO SO SO SO excited to see what you guys come up with for the 'extras'. I hope there is a card making extra! :D I need to start more christmas cards! :P

Thanks!

jessicamae3 said...

Oh goodness again I am so sorry for you!
Keep the updates coming...relax, and take it easy! Oh and have a painkiller on me!

TracyP said...

Ahhh Bree!!!!! I would have done the same thing! LOL
well running to get the storage shelf and putting it together and all. Just as Anal and Stubborn as you! But your poor toe!!!!:(
Oh the October kit! Yum;)

Anonymous said...

Bree, I am so sorry for you!! Stay off your feet as much as you can and take it easy!! D.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys for all the lub.

Feeling really housebound and STUCK.

Tanks for the encouragement.

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.