Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gratefulness and Greetings!

Good morning and Happy Tuesday! It's Michelle here again, with a couple of projects I'm excited to share! I've been having fun playing with my Strawberry Cream Gelato kit again, and I have to say I really love how whimsical it is! It just makes me happy!

Okay, the first project is a layout I created for the current challenge over at the Dreamgirls Blog. The challenge was to scrap something you are grateful for, and you had to use a mask, and something metal. I am SO grateful for my sweet hubby Michael! Here's what I came up with:
I did the masking by handcutting three hearts from plain cardstock; laying them down on the green paper, and coloring around the edges with oil crayons. Then I blended the edges outward BEFORE picking up the masks. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE oil crayons?!!! The colors are so intense, and they make me feel like a kid again! If you haven't gotten any out lately, I highly recommend it! Anyway, after I was done masking, I doodled around the inside of the hearts with a white Souffle pen. The required metal comes from the brad inside the red prima flower. Everything is from the kit except for the "4" which is a thickers I had in my stash. The word "you" is hand drawn and cut from patterned paper in the kit.

My second project is a notecard. Everything for this card is also in the kit, except for the black and white gingham ribbon, and the green paint behind the "hi." The flourish in the upper right corner was made by using the prima flower packaging as a stencil with some brown ink.
I hope you like the projects! Remember, you can always click on the images to make them bigger and see more of the details.

I hope you have a lovely day! I wish for you smiles, sunshine and scrappiness! Take care everyone and I will see you next Tuesday!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Great stuff Michelle.

Just call me "B" said...

Very cute, Michelle. I always love seeing what you come up with next!

Deanna said...

Great projects Michelle! the mask idea is great and I love the way you used the Prima as a stencil! Soo cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl. These are fabulous.
Did I tell you how much I love your lettering. I love it when you hand print letters and cut them out....I love it sooo much Ive been doing it on EVERY Evidence journal entry of mine. I love getting ideas from you.
You are amazing.
And I so love that little card

BeeBopp23 said...

I really love your layout! I can't wait to get my kit....its still in the mail....hopefully not lost! lol!

Anonymous said...

I love these!!

Kimmieprout said...

OMg! you are so creative!

Love the hearts in oil pastel!

(But did you know that page protectors kind of "melt" when it touches oil pastel?)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

whaa? No! I didn't know that about the page protectors! I wonder if a fixative would help? Any suggestions Kimmie?

Anonymous said...

Those are both so sweet!!

Kimmieprout said...

Sorry Michelle! I have no clue what to do to avoid that. I'll try to post a picture of what it did to mine...

TracyP said...

SUch an Inspiration!!!! Just adore this:)

Anonymous said...

I am constantly inspired by your artwork! You are so so talented!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.