Thursday, November 20, 2008

Somethin' a little vintage/heritage for ya!

Hey there girls! Hope everyone's doing great today, I know I am. (The kids are finally napping! hehe!) But seriously, the weather's great outside, I was able to pick up lots of goodies at Ms for $1 ea, and I get to share one of my fave LOs with ya! What could be better than that?! (Well, maybe a nap, but I bet I can still squeeze that one in!)

So here's another one of my LOs using Camille's Nov. Cream 'n Sugar kit. For some reason, I got all nostalgic on this one. I had some photos of my grandparents sitting around and I was inspired to do something with the vintage postcards that came in the kit. So I put 2 and 2 together, and this is what I got. A LO that shows my grandparents through the years.

"remember the good times"



I love it, but that may be that I love THEM so much! They've both had a special influence on my life. Anywho, I also used the Riff Raff chipboard, dry-brushed it with paint. Oh my word I LOVE that chipboard! It's got such a unique quality to it, like it's a die-cut or laser cut, but then it's chipboard too. And it lends itself to so many different techniques! I love playing with it! So Bree, Camille, y'all keep packing my kits with those little babies! They're so fantastic!

Hope you ladies have a great day! And don't forget to see the post below by Bree about the special happenin's coming up! I can't wait to see myself! :D

Bye y'all! :D
Deanna

4 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love your layout Deanna! I clicked on the image so I could see the details and there is so much to look at! Those postcards are the perfect touch and the layering is cool. What awesome photos to have - it's a treasure!

Just call me "B" said...

Hey, that layout is great! Such a different take on the kit!

When I saw it, I totally saw boy paper, you saw vintage! I love it!

TracyP said...

Deanna this LO is soooooo Beautiful!!!! I Love postcards:) especially on LO's:)
Way to Rock the kit girl!
xxx

Anonymous said...

i love what you did......so beautiful!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.