Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More News from the Online Crop...

Happy Tuesday everyone! Michelle here, and I am still reeling from the fun of Saturday nite here at the Crop! It was so much fun cropping the nite away with my Crop Suey friends, and I have loved seeing what everyone did with the challenges! I'm excited to show you how mine turned out too!

This was my layout for Bree and Camille's challenge of using Teal, Red and Black with something sparkly and something that pops! I did an 8 x 8 layout featuring my boys:
Next, Kim's challenge was to create a ribbon flower and add it to a layout. It was fun to learn this new technique! I added mine to my layout above - it's the red lace flower with the white sculpted button! Oh, and did you notice I used my very last Crop Suey dictionary flower from the very first Crop Suey kit! I was waiting for the perfect time and this was it! Yeayyy!

Okay, the next challenge was Kristina's where you had to use something old (I used a page from a 1980s dictionary to make the snowflakes at the top); something new (the Jenni Bowlin vintage star background paper), something borrowed (here you had to lift a design team member's layout - I chose to lift Kristina's "Photos by Sam" layout); and something blue - (the acrylic paint and cardstock). I ended up with this 6 x 12 layout:

and finally - my challenge was to create a collage from magazine clippings - I ended up with this:

One of my scrapping goals for this year is to introduce a lot more variety into the sizes and shapes of layouts I create, so this felt like a good start - three layouts - three sizes! Yeay!

So I'm glad everything went so well and I can't wait for our next crop! Thanks so much to everyone who participated! Don't forget if you missed out on the crop, you can still create any of these projects by scrolling down - the instructions are still there! If you do, link us up - we'd love to see what you create!

I've been busy tonight working on another layout with the January kit. I'm loving it! But - it's not done yet, so I will have to wait til next week to share it with you! Until then, have a wonderful scrappy week my friends!

6 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

so cool! you are so talented girl!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

awesome!! I am about to post what I did for your challenge. It was a lot of fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Girl... you are a genius.
I love your style...
And I still need some of that creative mojo to rub of on me....
So we need to plan another crop Soon.

Camille Young said...

Michelle,
I love your LOs, they just prove again why we love you soooo much.

Great work. Loved your challenge too!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

You all make me feel fantastic! Thanks so much for your kind comments!

TracyP said...

You sooo Rocked those LO's girl!!!!!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.