Monday, April 27, 2009

Technique Tuesday

Hi guys!


For this week's technique, I want to show you an easy way to make an interesting background for your layouts.


First, you have to find a cardstock shape. It can be a chipboard star or heart.... I used a cardstock paper plate.


I painted the edges, but not perfectly... so that the shape isn't as well...



I added splashes of paint here and there.


Here is the final page...



One last little hint. Add a little bit of water to your acrylic paint. It will be a lot easier to achieve a great look!


Hope you like this technique!

Kim



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool!

Camille Young said...

Yes, very cool. Love the way it turned out.
Great idea to use it to set the focus on your pic!

Anonymous said...

Thi sis awesome. You must know me pretty well to know how much I love spatters on my pages...tee hee

Kimmieprout said...

I agree Bree, paint splatters does complete so well a page!!!

colie said...

Easy, Breezy ~ looks fantastic!

Jocelyn said...

Loving this and going to try it out!!!

Unknown said...

LUUURVE IT!!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.