Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A TUTORIAL by JOCELYN the Magnificent!


Magnificent
We asked Jocelyn to share a tip, or technique with Crop Suey during her reign with us here at Crop Suey and this is what she shared with us.
It is her first OFFICIAL CANVAS!
She used her 5 ALIVE kit for this Project

Here are her instructions:
 
I purchased a canvas from a Local Craft store, along with Gesso, Pink Acrylic Paint and a sponge brush!!!

 
I followed the directions on the Gesso and painted it all over the Canvas. I let it dry and then I took the pink paint and used some water to thin it out and painted the pink all over the canvas. I think took Glimmer Mist and sprayed that over the top of the paint!


 Using my fingers the Gesso and some yellow and green paint, I painted to the flowers! I then took some watercolour pencils and did the centers of the flower!!!!
 
Isn't it gorgeous.
I love trying new techniques and tricks on my projects.
Don't hesitate to try new mediums, products, tools, or tricks....
that's half the fun...
and most of my FABULOUS TECHNIQUES 
are usually something that happened by Accident.
I loved this project so much I am postponing my Webisode tutorial for next Tuesday.
I am in the process of creating a  video tutorial series based on handmade embellishments
using different mediums and techniques.
If there is something you want to see make sure you tune in on Tuesdays for this new and exciting Series from Crop Suey!]

Bree





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Jocelyn is Magnificent!!!! She is super fabulous....a perfect fit here at Crop Suey. Love the canvas...I am going to get me some gesso. Used it a long time ago when I took oil painting classes when I was 8. I should post some of those old paintings. Funny. I have not tried a canvas either. I am gonna get right on it!!!!Great inspiration.

Jocelyn said...

Yay Amy...try it!!! I had so much fun with this one.....once I got it started. At first I felt like throwing it in the trash.....because I had no idea what I was doing...but patience and putting on the thinking cap and the smile began to form on my lips!!!! It was sooooo rewarding to complete it and it is stunning IRL!!!!!

Camille Young said...

Love the canvas, I really need to try this. At this point, GESSO sort of scares me, it's a fear I know I need to conquer!
Fabulous canvas...

Jenneke said...

Great job, Jocelyn!
I love to play with gesso!!

jacque4u2c said...

Awesome job Jocelyn - just stunning!!!!!! You just make it seem so simple!

copyright

please respect the hard work that has gone into not only the blog headings/buttons/blinkies etc but also the work done by the design team. nothing should be taken off this blog without permission. thanks so much for your respect and understanding.